The Mercer Island Beach Club has been building tradition since its kick start in 1954. As most of Mercer Island history, this one is rooted in efforts towards community togetherness, commitment, and the betterment of each other. 400 local families started the group, each pitching in $100 and offering commitment to the community. Initially a summer youth camp in the 1930s, it stood, nearly abandoned, for more than 20 years. That’s when the earliest founders recognized the value of the property, and its beauty through several acres of land and 675 feet of private waterfront.
After that, 400 families secured pledges to the original commitment to communal ownership, which still holds true to this day. The Mercer Island beach club has long been devoted to enjoyment and the betterment of the community. Through the years, they added various amenities, like tennis courts in 1971, food concessions in 1988, and, in 2003, the Mercer Island Beach Club underwent a very special upgrade. This birthed the Renewal Project, which included construction upgrades, year-round fitness center, 8-lane competition pool, and an activity pool, featuring a slow “lazy river”. Many other big things happened, like upgraded play areas and a water slide.
Amenities & Features:
- Summer, Winter & Private Swim Lessons
- Activity Pool, featuring a “Lazy River”
- 8-Lane Competitive Pool
- 6 Hard Courts, with amazing views of Lake Washington & Mount Rainier and a Large Viewing Deck Area, which includes tables, chairs & umbrellas
- Junior, Adult & Private Tennis Lessons
- State of the Art Fitness Center, which measures of 2,200 square feet
- Both Cardiovascular & Strength-Training Orientated Machines & Devices
- Elliptical Trainers
- Tread Mills
- Several Types of Bikes
- Stair Master
- Rowing Machines
- Free Weights, as well as Machine Defined Weight Exercises
- The Mercer Island Beach Club’s beach includes the beach, a lake swim area, swim dock, 6 moorage docks, beach toys, and nearby lawn for playing & sun bathing
- Childcare Program
- Various Social & Networking Events
3840 East Mercer Way, Mercer Island ♦ MLS# 1077762
5 Bedrooms ♦ 4 Bathrooms ♦ 6,117 Square Feet ♦ 26,943 Square Foot Lot
Contemporary, timeless Northend waterfront. Dramatically designed for privacy with focus on indoor/outdoor lifestyle. 130’ low-bank waterfront, large dock, and deep moorage. Casually elegant & expansive living spaces, with soaring ceilings and window walls, capture expansive lake views. Open gourmet kitchen flows to casual eating area and family room. Featuring den/movie room, two master suites, exercise room, shop/studio, wine cellar, large patio, BBQ, and hot tub. Experience Island life on the water at this very unique Northwest setting.