What’s near my house?
It’s the weekend, or the end of a very trying and difficult day. What will you do?
Sure, you could go home and relax in front of the television, but today you want to do something a tad different. But, what?
If you live on the south end of Mercer Island, there are many activities to partake in.
Are you hungry? Check out these convenient eateries!
- Sahara Pizza: Has delivery! High quality mixes with super speedy service, generous toppings, and ideal ambiance.
- Toshi’s Teriyaki: A consistent 4+ Star Rated teriyaki place, Toshi’s Teriyaki fast service, great value, and amazing food.
- Pioneer Park: Split into three quadrants, each is designated with its own unique purpose. Horseback riding? Or a simple trail run/bike ride/nature walk? They’ve got a quadrant for that!
- Island Crest Park: Filled to the brim with activity and community recreation. Batting cages, two full-sized baseball field, a football field, tennis courts, and plenty of parking… We’ve already got a post about that! Check out all the detials here!
- South Mercer Playfields: This adorable park was designed with activity in mind. There are 4 adult softball fields and children’s’ playground equipment.
- Clarke Beach Park: This beach offers views facing east towards Bellevue, allowing one to swim, picnic, barbeque, or simply bask in the delight of Northwest beauty.
- Groveland Beach Park: On the other side, we have a Seattle facing park. Similar to Clarke Beach Park, this neighborhood beach park offers swimming (unguarded), picnicking, barbeques, and a playground.
Any of these fantastic and local places will keep you both close to home and Northwest active! Don’t want to stay close to home? Mercer Island is centered between Seattle and Bellevue – both offering a plethora of social delights! Still don’t want to leave the island? Mercer Island’s Downtown offers many, many local haunts to choose from!
GENUINE BUCHAN BEAUTY
6860 83rd Avenue Southeast, Mercer Island ♦ MLS# 1106149
$1,350,000 ♦ 5 Bedrooms ♦ 2.25 Bathrooms ♦ 2,771 Square Feet ♦ 9,680 Lot Size
Designer colors, tasteful updates and warm hardwood floors embrace this sought-after Mercer Island home. Its ideal blend of formal & casual spaces lives large—easily accommodating both grand entertaining and quiet relaxation. Gather with friends in large, light-filled living and dining rooms. Cooking is a joy in the bright kitchen overlooking a cheerful dining nook.
Kick back alongside the cozy brick fireplace in the spacious family room, or catch up on work in the main floor study with built-in library shelving. At the end of the day, the master suite is a welcome refuge with its romantic wood burning fireplace—the updated ensuite bath includes a heated floor for cool mornings. Three more bedrooms provide space and privacy for everyone.
Discover approximately 400 square feet of bonus space in this adorable outbuilding. Unwind in the hot tub and sauna, or set up your home gym/office/studio in the bonus room. Its basement is perfect for extra storage or a wine cellar.
Tucked on Mercer Island’s serene South End, this traditional 2-story home offers a spacious floor plan and genuine Buchan-built quality. Stroll to award-winning schools, Starbucks, QFC, restaurants, parks, and playfields.