Looking for a great on-island take-out place? Or perhaps somewhere to sit and relax? Downtown Mercer Island has a little bit of everything, for everyone!
Now, what are these fabulous places?
- Island Crust Café: They’re Kosher. They’re Halal. They’re Vegetarian. Menu diversity offers scrumptious sandwiches, salads, pizzas, specialty entrees, and seafood. Completely homemade with the freshest ingredients. Their cozy ambiance offers ideal comfort for each person!
- The Islander: A well-known Mercer Island restaurant, this place serves up NW Americana with only the most local and fresh ingredients inside! A great place for all occasions, this family restaurant is ideal for relaxing, family events, birthdays, lunches, dinners, and watching the game!
- Mioposto: Beautifully rustic, this shop features Italian standard fares, with a domestically sourced flare. Open-flame ovens, create unique and handcrafted delights.
- Bennett’s Bistro: Authentic and original, Bennett’s has been a local favorite since opening. Owned by Sugar Mountain, they buy from producers who share their commitment to whole foods, handmade delicacies, and freshness.
- The Island Broiler: Cozy spaces with original flare. The Phat 12 Island Broiler will serve you exceptional service, coupled with delicious and healthy foods. Setting the standard high from the start, this restaurant promises a “modern, cozy, and elegant setting”!
- Sushi Joa: This top rated, local sushi restaurant has a dish for all your cravings. History and an inviting, family orientated mission combined, creating a menu ranging from Korean to Japanese cuisine.
- Pon Proem Thai: This convenient, downtown Thai restaurant, features a delicious, healthy, and original menu. Great prices and service, so whether you’re getting take out or dining in, you’re in for an experience.
- I Luv Pho: Are you craving healthy, unique, and fresh? Their broth is made daily, offers vegan options, in addition to many traditional appetizers, rice dishes, and vermicelli bowls!
- Gourmet Teriyaki: Decent sized portions and tasty food. This local spot offers a variety of Japanese cuisine.
- Oh! Chocolate: Crafted out of tradition and high-quality ingredients, these premium artisan chocolates are you melt-in-your-mouth lovely. They create small batches, so that every piece is as fresh as can be!
With so many places to choose from, what will you choose?
8493 West Mercer Way, Mercer Island ♦ MLS# 1118081
$7,600,000 ♦ 5 Bedrooms ♦ 4.75 Bathrooms ♦ 5,370 Square Feet ♦ 22,533 Lot Size
Southpointe. One of ten such tips on Lake Washington. Custom contemporary 2009 home is over 100’ wide, opportunistically capturing light and vistas dawn to dusk. Mount Rainier in every conceivable color, framed up dramatically in two story walls of glass. Exquisite fully appointed kitchen befitting the culinary artist. Five full suites. Extensive guest parking. 145’+ of no bank waterfront, expertly designed grounds with multiple destinations. Exclusive dock, covered moorage, multiple lifts. Brilliance!
6260 West Mercer Way, Mercer Island ♦ MLS# 1065102
$1,500,000 ♦ 4 Bedrooms ♦ 4 Bathrooms ♦ 3,100 Square Feet
From the moment you arrive at the beautiful paver stone drive, you will appreciate the thoughtful placement of this home designed to sit prominently on the property. A stately covered walk leads you to a commanding entry with soaring ceilings and large formal living room with walls of windows that frame the ever changing lush Pacific Northwest landscape.
A timeless and smart floorplan with grand first floor spaces is perfect for entertaining a crowd throughout the year. In the summer months, you can walk out from the living, dining, kitchen and family rooms to several garden spaces that all enjoy the calming sounds of the tranquil stream that flows through the back of the property. In our rainier season, you will enjoy three fireplaces to keep you warm in the living room, kitchen and family room—perfect for cozy nights enjoyed with family and friends.
The upper level can be reached by two staircases—the front servicing the master, and the back linking up the other three bedrooms which all connect via an upper hall with lots of windows keeping the upper level illuminated by natural light during the day.
Nestled on an oversized lot, this meticulously maintained Ralph Anderson / Black & Caldwell Northwest Contemporary home is both peaceful and private.
UPDATED SOUTH END GEM
8506 Southeast 79th Place, Mercer Island ♦ MLS# 1114469
$1,350,000 ♦ 4 Bedrooms ♦ 2.75 Bathrooms ♦ 2,500 Square Feet ♦ 9,968 Lot Size
Move right in to a home that feels fresh and bright with beautiful updates throughout. A beautiful stone entryway opens to the spacious dining area—perfect for holidays and parties. Gather in the soaring living room with picture windows, dramatic floor-to-ceiling fireplace and new gas insert. The open, updated kitchen features slab granite surfaces, newer stainless appliances and a built-in breakfast nook. A wood-wrapped slider leads from the oversize family room to a sunny patio and fenced backyard. Retreat to the spacious main-floor master with vaulted ceiling, walk-in closet and remodeled bath with heated floors. Three more bedrooms await upstairs along with a full bath; built-in desks allow you to use one room as a home office. Entertain friends in elegant gathering spaces, prepare gourmet meals on newer stainless appliances in the kitchen, or kick back in the comfy family room. Stroll to schools & parks form this coveted Mercer Island locale!