Taking a vacation can be great for the entire family – including your four-legged best friend! If you’re thinking about retreating from your urban (or suburban) life into the “wild”, here are some ideas to get you started in the right direction!
Rent a wintery cabin. Tons of cabins are up for rent this season – just be sure to check the reservations and rules before you book. Many allow dogs for an additional pet deposit, either per night or per week. Leavenworth can be great during the fall and winter season – and you’ll get to be amid their snowy celebrations!
The West Beach Resort, on Orcas Island. Cabins, cottages, RV, and camping… oh my! Located on the west side of Orcas Island, Washington, this private destination spots has long specialized in an “authentic San Juan Islands getaway.” Many of their areas are pet-friendly, with a small, per-day fee.
Ski, hike, and experience Crystal Mountain through Crystal Mountain Hotels. While many of the other hotels in the area are not god friendly, some Crystal Mountain Hotels have pet-friendly rooms available. You’ll have to call them to find out the details, but it’s a great opportunity for you to enjoy a weekend away with your pup!
Enjoy the Olympic Nation Park & Forest via the Lake Quinault Lodge. With several room-types to choose from, this lodge offers tons of local activities, including biking, boating & paddleboards, fishing (you may need to look into licensing), hiking and local tours of the lake and rainforest. Better yet – bring your pup (with deposit)!
Need a relaxing weekend of yoga, kayaking and saunas? Enjoy the Doe Bay Resort & Retreat in Olga, Washington. They allow pets in some of their accommodations, so be sure to 100% clarify when booking your reservations! Indulge in their Spa & Serenity Garden, or hike off in your own adventure!
Relax at Suncadia Resort in Cle Eleum, Washington. Touted as one of the best pet-friendly resorts in Washington, this outdoorsy retreat off many on-site activities, as well as backs the Cle Elum River. It’s also close to the Washington State Horse Park and the Cle Elum Lake. Talk about an intimate, yet centrally located getaway!
The Greater Seattle Area is riddled with dog lovers and families who are looking to getaway! And since these places are relatively nearby – within the state, that is – it makes them easy destination spots, whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway or extended vacation!
The big question of can I bring my dog pops up more than we think, but we dog lovers are always searching for new ways to help our pups enjoy life! Curious about tips for vacationing with your pet? We were, too! And that’s why we dug a little deeper to find some.
- Take your pup to the vet, and get copies of their shot and health records. You may need it when you’re staying in a hotel or resort.
- Ensure your dog is up-to-date on local licensing and is marked with their identification, including your dog’s name, your name, and your phone number. Don’t forget about the tag signaling your dogs rabies vaccine is updated. You may consider double checking their embedded Microchip.
- Don’t forget their collar, harness, and leash (and you may consider taking an extra.)
- Grab some toys and a familiar blanket to comfort your pup in its new environment.
- Pack food, treats and extra water for the trip – and pack more than you might think. If you’re pup is typically sedentary, but you’ve planned a trip of hiking, you may consider packing more food and water.
- Avoid leaving your dog unattended. Your pup may be a saint, but new environments can bring out underlying anxiety issues – and we don’t want that!
This article from the AKC website, offers in depth information about lodging and specific travel types.
Know of any other pup-friendly, Washington getaways? We’d LOVE to hear about them!
new this week from
WINDERMERE MERCER ISLAND
LAKE VIEWS IN JUANITA
11309 100th Avenue NE, Kirkland • MLS# 1223088
$955,000 • 4 Bedrooms • 3 Bathrooms • 2,690 Sq. Ft. • 10,726 Lot Size
Lake and mountain views in Kirkland. Thoughtful, modern, open spaces maximize westerly views while retaining the intimate character of traditional design. Four bedrooms plus large den. Wrap around view deck and awning on main level to fully enjoy the incredible sunsets. Dedicated upstairs master deck. Vaulted ceilings, oak hardwood floors, skylights, heat pump, solid core interior doors, new windows and range. See to appreciate!
See more at JuanitaLakeViews.com